Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 41 Double Baptisms

Haha. Wow what a week. I am not doing individual emails today so I can type a big email. Heaps of amazing things happened this week!! I love being on a mission so much. Sorry fam I might have time at the end to do a personal one.

Ok I want to start with the BAPTISMS!!!! haha yes!!!! It finally happened after Jody missed her last one we made sure she would not miss this one!! Matthew was not even a worry about canceling. He was so ready. This whole week we went and saw both of them every night to keep things going strong. After each visit we just felt so good. The Boyce family are amazing and you can see them growing in love for each other and testimony!! This gospel blesses lives!!

The time came for the 2 interviews on Friday and there was a huge car wreck on the way so both the Zone Leaders and us were running way late!! As most of you know I can navigate myself pretty well so we went on an adventure through the bush roads the back way. We ended up finding a shortcut that passed all the traffic and we made it to both of their interviews on time.

Matthew was first and he put on a big feast for the ZL and us. Again some kind of meat that was really good. I think pork. Well he is just the type of man that anyone could get along with. We had a really fun dinner and proceeded to have his interview!! He passed and we moved on to Jody just down the road. She was ready and so excited. It was a fast interview. She just knows her stuff.

We did this Friday night before the baptism and went to bed and then woke up at 6 to be ready by 8 to start filling the font. Two hours later we had a font full of hot water!!

Both Matthew and Jody showed up early so we went through what we would be going to do. Elder Paramore and his comp from Germany got permission to come and Elder Paramore gave a great talk!!

The time finally came for the baptism part and I hopped into the water and then Jody came down. We got all ready and I said everything right and then dunked her. Her arm stuck out so I pushed it down. When she came up the witnesses said you forgot amen. So Jody blurts out in an awesome way "AMEN." Haha. We had to do it over and we got it right the second time. It was so fun. It was my first time baptizing someone. It was a neat experience. I got out and Matthew and his son-in-law Ofaatu got in. I stood at the stairs to watch. It was beautiful to see two souls be forgiven of all their sins and look so happy. It brought me so much joy and a deeper drive to get out and work harder.

This happened on the 24th and it also happened to be the McSwains anniversary. So our AP sent out a mission text without the president knowing but we made a goal to set 42 baptismal dates for the 42 years that they have been married. Well after our baptism we prayed to be led by the spirit to know who to see so we could set a solid date. Well we were blessed and set 3. Tracy for the 15 of July. Ivan for the 15 of July. And a less-active's son named Joshiah for the 22 of July. Things are just going so well right now.

Elder Choi and I found our groove and are doing heaps better. We now go to an English class on Saturdays with a senior couple and all the Asian missionaries in the mission. It is the bomb!!

On this day the AP's had us text them every time we set one so they could send it to the whole mission and inspire us and see miracles. Well I got a message from Sam in Ayr. Elder Fukafuka (our AP) is on trade off up there with Elder Martin who took my place and committed Sam to finally give up his smoking habit. He made a solemn oath that he would do it this week so he could enter the water of baptism so that in a year in July 2018 he can go to the temple with Elder Cahoon!! He still remembers me and calls every so often. You have to be a member a year before going to the temple but he is determined to do it and do it with me!! I am so excited to have him come down and enter the temple with me right before I go home.

Speaking of my old area, I got word that Angus is not baptized but his son is I think. They are still coming along but just need constant work. Someday.

Oh this Sunday after the baptism Jody asked if I would confirm her. Geez I got so scared. We have an awesome ward and she is a great person but I hate giving blessing in front of people. Haha. I said I would though and got up and was also able to give her the Holy Ghost and a blessing. It was scary!! My legs were shaking like crazy but we got through it and then Bishop announced that he was moving so next week we will have a new bishop. So Matthew wanted bishop to have the privilege to do his confirmation right before he leaves. It was a good way to send off our bishop with convert baptisms and confirmations.

Things just keep going great and I really am praying I don’t get transferred this week. We find out on Saturday. Things are just amazing in this area. It took me 8 months in my first area to get 1 baptism and here I get 2 every transfer!! What could be better? The Lord is in control of his work though and I will go where he needs me. What a blessing it is to serve him though.

Another big thing that happened this week was that we got a new car!! We got a new one that Sister McSwain was driving. To let you know about Sister McSwain, she is petrified of driving so she does not. So the car is practically brand new!! She got a brand new car though. The mission got the new 2017 Toyota Corollas. It was cool to see 4 new cars all driving in a row. The mission is getting a big upgrade. We have been getting newer nicer flats and getting rid of all the really old cars that are a bit bruised.

Well I hope this was a bit more info for everyone. I love writing and telling you all about it. Time is going by so fast and the Lord is helping me so much. Some days I just want to sleep. Well one day we did. haha oops. We had lunch and then both feel asleep in our cars for a bit.

This week I am trying to work more on obedience so when I roll out of bed in the morning I pray for strength. Everyday we seem to just keep going and going and sometimes I have no clue how. I am always so tired. This is hard work but if you are preparing to serve a mission know this. It is the best work. After a baptism you feel so amazing and all the "bad" is made up. I have never done drugs before but there is no way anything can compare to that feeling you get when you know you helped save a soul. I love you all and testify that Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith was his messenger on the earth and restored the true authority of God to preform baptism and priesthood ordinances. Love you all, until next week.

Love,
Elder Cahoon














No comments:

Post a Comment