Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Week 39 Heaps to say and no time

Ah sorry to be so late on this email. We had temple P-day so I just got out of the temple then had to have an interview with president. Man I have so much to say and no time to say it. We keep having great week after great week!!! Oh man I love being on a mission and have so many great spiritual experiences to share from this week. I’ll start with Lachland.

At the beginning of our week all of our set lessons fell through so we went door knocking for the whole day. Sometimes that can really suck but this day was just the best!! We door knocked into Lachland and before we even said anything he invited us in and we started to teach. Things went good with him. He had a great knowledge and loved learning what we were sharing. Well we left and did not get a return appointment but the next day we felt like stopping by and as we did he was home and had us in for another lesson. We were just going to invite him to church but during our lesson we invited him to baptism. He was so excited for the offer and he is one date for the 24 of this month. He did not come to church so we will move it a week back but he has been so prepared by the Lord. He is 21 and his mom came into the lesson and we asked if we could do anything for her. Her reply was, “Make sure my son becomes a Mormon.” Haha. It was such a shock!! He has been progressing so fast and we are so excited for him.

So the other good news is that the 24th of June will be a mad house at the chapel. We will be having 3 baptisms that day. Two are set and solid. The other is Lachland who might go the next week. Still 3 keen awesome investigators. Jody and Matthew are so ready and we are seeing them tonight for dinner and to go over the interview questions!! Man it is just so great!!

We have had the best week and have seen so many miracles. The Lord is definitely running this work. We could not do it without him.

A big strength that Elder Choi and I have is teaching at the door. People always ask who we are and we break the ice with them and then just start teaching. The spirit always takes over and we talk about so many great things about the church. It makes me so sad when people listen and hear our lesson and reject it or when they say we are not Christian. This week it got to me. So when an old lady said we were not Christian I asked what does it take to be Christian. #1 you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Ok yup. #2 that he died for us. #3 believe the bible. Well to my very basic non-professional understanding we believe all that. Well this lady did not see eye to eye with us. So we humbly left and just felt so bad that she will be accountable at the judgment bar of God and will have to eat those words. Man it bugged me!!

Another fun thing this week was just going to church. It felt like going to my home ward. I am pretty knowledgeable of all the members and we all get along so much!! Having dinner every night really helps. At church we all joke around and get along really well with each other.

We had Ivan and Matthew both come to church and Ivan really got along with all the members and just talked and talked with them!! Matthew comes so much he is like a member already.

The next day we had a family home evening with the Cotters. We usually don't have anyone come to the activity but tonight was a big change!! We had 12 people there and 2 investigators. Tracy came along and so did Ivan. Most of the people were active members but we did have a less active member and her kids. It was just such a fun night full of activity and love. Everyone got along and we all had a good chat and laugh.

Sorry this is all over the place. I have heaps to say and no time.

We just got back from the temple and it was the coolest experience. I love going to the temple. It is such a great escape from the world and I learned heaps of stuff that I didn’t pick up on before. It is so cool to go to the temple after having just gone. We get to go every transfer so it is so great to go to the house of the Lord.

After the temple we got to have interviews with the mission president. I love President McSwain so much and have so much respect for him. My interview was the bomb!! We had so long together and I really got some help and advice!! When we were getting interviewed Elder Cadiang showed up and I got to talk for and hour with him. Man I hated him as a trainer but I love him so much now!! I am so thankful for the example he set for me to be better. I was such a hard missionary to train for sure. He is a great elder. I am so glad I got to talk and catch up with him. You truly make some great friends out on the mission. I always go around when I can and talk with all the missionaries. We have some great elders and sister in this zone.

I give you all my love and hope this email gives you an idea of my mission and how many miracles I have seen and how much love I have for this work and for the Lord. I want to email my family now so I hope this is enough for the week.

Love,
Elder Cahoon









No comments:

Post a Comment