Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Week 90 We're Getting Smart Phones

Haha I wanted to start out with one of the funniest things that we did this week. Since we have Elder Biranibwebwe we have to do a lot of studies. One of them is called 12 week. We go over pretty much missionary 101 and practice it in out flat. For one of our role plays we had Elder Biranibwebwe knock on our door. We were in the study room and he knocked on that door. When he knocked on the door we yelled out just a minute. From there we opened up the window and jumped out and closed the window. We ran around the house and peeked through the window. He was so patient and finally after a minute he knocked on the door again and again and again...no answer. It was so funny. Finally he opened the door and was so shocked. He looked in the closet but we were nowhere to be found. Haha he lost his companions. It was pretty funny. Sometimes we have to spice it up and have some fun. It made for a great day!!

Last week out of the blue Sam called us and wanted to meet. He was a former investigator. We stopped by on Saturday and caught back up. He wants to turn back to the church for a second chance. It is amazing when you drop someone. It can be a really good thing. When you stop visiting they stop feeling the Spirit and recognize that something is missing. That happened to Sam. We invited him to come to church and arranged for a member to pick him up from work. Oh my goodness it was so funny when he showed up to church. I was surprised that he came but more surprised by what he wore. Since he came from work he was in short shorts and a T-shirt. What made it worse was there was a picture of a girl in a bikini on the shirt. It was not a good picture. So when members came up to greet him they were so surprised. The good new is that he has been to church before and all the members remembered him. So once they got over the inappropriate t-shirt they loved him!! Haha it was a crack up.

We have seen Sam a lot this past week. Almost every day. He is doing really good and wants to get baptized!! I hate smoking. It is the only things holding him back. Rob also and a million other Aussies!!

It was just such an amazing week. Last week we really tried to set up as many teaching apt so Elder Biranibwebwe can see what to do. We had a day when we did not even plan for the day because it planned itself. Every house was full. We had apt after apt. All of them were amazing. One was with Sam, Rob, Karol. Etc.... It just went on and on and on!!

Karol was a great lesson. We had Bishop come with us and start to go over what it is going to take. Karol was just so excited and can’t wait. She was been living the commandments for 8 days now. No smoking and now the law of chastity. She says she is keeping it because she says it feels good. She feels the Spirit. We finished the lesson and Bishop said, “Elders she is amazing.” During the lesson we told her that. I even told her that when we get into the car we always shout for joy because she is so good. I told her I took a video of it so when I feel down I can watch it and get myself excited to see miracles. Well now she wants to see the video. Haha I just love her so much!!!

During the week we had our Mission Leadership Conference and to start it out President McSwain said, “I was woken up at 4:30 this morning and have a message that the Lord wants you to hear today!!” Oh my goodness we got spoken right to the soul. The spirit was so strong and the meeting was amazing for so many reasons!! The general theme was why would the Lord send me to you today?

Well during our lessons we would ask that. Guess what it works. Miracles happen. We did not know why we felt prompted to see this one family that we have not seem in 5 months. So we stopped by and shared a scripture but it just felt awkward. So before we left I bore testimony that I knew we were supposed to be there. They then said we prayed that we could get a blessing. Can you give us one? Boy I grew in testimony that we are sent to people for a reason!! We are the Lord’s hands right now!!

At the end of our MLC President McSwain said, “Now I have just spoken with Salt Lake and they are sending over a million smart phones to our mission.” We are going to be getting Samsung smart phones next month. So for the two years that I will serve I will be able to use a smartphone for the last month.

Haha what a blessing. We will not have tablets but the smartphone is going to make a huge difference. We have been using the small Nokia brick phones. Geez they are a pain to use. So what a blessing it will be.

Last week we got a new investigator named Joanne. She is living with a member right now but will be moving out into her own house in a few weeks. We went over to see her. The lesson went so amazing. We taught the Restoration and at the end I nudged him to invite her to be baptized. Oh it is so fun remembering the first time you teach lessons and are so scared. He was shaking so bad but we just knew she was going to say yes. June 16. He did a great job inviting her and the lesson ended with her, her friend, and the fellowship crying. Miracles do happen. The best part is she is already living all the commandments. No smoking!!! YES!!!

Life is just so great and we are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives!! I could keep going on for hours writing about all the fun we had but what I have written sufficeth me. I have written it by my own hand and I know that it is true. I have read too much of the Book of Mormon lately that is has become part of my language.

That is one of the funnest things about the mission is you find so much joy in quoting talks or Mormon movies. We have memorized every funny line from all of Brad Wilcox talks and Ephraims Rescue. When we fall asleep at night our conversations get pretty funny.

Have a great week everyone, I love you all so much!!








No comments:

Post a Comment