Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Week 91 Transfered to the Cleveland Zone

Well one more week down. This was quiet the week as they all are. I got a phone call and it said I would be getting transferred.

The last little week in Redcliffe and Mango Hill things went well for us. We were able to see Karol again and teach her more. She is still keeping all the commandments. It has been so long since she had a smoke. She loves it. My favorite part about her is she says, “ I have not gotten an answer yet but what I am doing feels right.” She says she feels the spirit more in her life.

For my last day in the area we had a musical fireside. We all got to sing. The theme was the Restoration. I sang in a group the opening hymn and had a part where I had to read off some paragraphs. Karol was the only Investigator who came. She loved it. It was a good review for her.

Throughout this week Elder Tewes and I really wanted to help Elder Biranibwebwe progress in teaching the Restoration. So for our companionship studies we had him teach us the lesson. Over and over. We also taught it at every dinner appointment. By the end of the week we were all master teachers at teaching this lesson. It was amazing to see his growth.

We got some sad news that Joanne moved to Rockhampton. She was having family struggles down here and needed to get away. So the missionaries there are going to get a referral.

Usually I write down the highlights for my week in my planner but because this is a new transfer I don’t have my old planner.

I did get transferred and my new are is in the Cleveland zone, it covers all the way from Cleveland to Brisbane City. So when I have trade off I will be in the heart of the city. My area is about 30 minutes outside of the city but south of it. I am in two wards again. Redland Bay and Capalaba. They both are pretty big wards and keen for missionary work. I met one of the bishops last night and he is so excited to work with us. Compared to my last area this is a really well off area. People live in really nice houses and have good jobs. It is not like Gold Coast but not as poor as my last area.

I am really excited for my last two transfers!! My comps names are Elder Olson from Idaho and Elder Nicotra from Italy. He goes home in a few weeks and then it will just be Elder Olson and me. Things seem pretty great so far. It has only been two days but I have enjoyed it.

I hope everyone has a great week this week.

Love, Elder Cahoon









No comments:

Post a Comment