Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Week 86 10 Baptismal Dates

WOW!!!! This last week we had a really good week!! Two weeks ago I got the idea to only hold the elders and sisters accountable for four numbers in district meeting!! Baptized, on date, sacrament meeting, and new investigators. These are the only numbers the church tracks so I figured we should give it a go for our zone. Some of the missionaries have not had a new investigator or anymore on date for two or three transfers. They justify their week to be good because they had a lot of contacts but nothing else...We figured if we held them accountable for what really counts they will try to get those numbers.

I spoke to my mission president about it and he gave us the go ahead and we started it.

The day that we introduced it we got three texts during the day saying that they set baptismal dates!! Two of them were in areas that have not had a date in ages!! We were so excited. We were back at the flat at 8:30 and I was writing in my journal about it!! Three dates set!! That was pretty cool. At 9 we were going to text the zone thank you for the good job. After we sent the text out we got a text from some elders and they said make it four. haha Then we got a text from the sisters that said, “We just set one.” Then!!!! the other sisters called and said they set five. Within one day our zone set 10 baptismal dates.

It was all just so amazing!! They are working so hard and just smashing it. We also set a date. Rob. He is a great investigator who just needs to give up smoking. We see him everyday and read the Book of Mormon with him. He will happen soon. It was just amazing to see that the day we decided to focus on only four numbers is the day that everyone sets 10 dates!! How cool is that!! Inspired!!!

That is pretty much how exciting our week was the whole week. We keep seeing Karol and John They are doing really well. We were having dinner with a family and they just had their sister-in-law move in and she wants to investigate the church. We have people coming out of nowhere to teach. It keeps us busy all the time. I have not gone door knocking for more that 30 mins at a time now. We just have so many people to visit and see. It gets hard trying to progress everyone but we are coming along pretty well!!

I had a pretty fun trade off with Elder Burnett this week. He is an elder from California. We smashed the work for the day!! There are days when everyone is home and some days when nobody is home. Today was the day when everybody was home. We were able to see some really good people and really yoke with the members. I just love doing missionary work!! Elder Burnett taught me some really good principles and we had a deep conversation before going to bed!! It is so fun being on the mission.

In the morning we have been meeting at a park to play touch rugby. We have really gotten into it. It is a really fast pace game. You never really stop to hike the ball. It just keeps going. It has been a really good way for us to get up and exercise really well. I forgot my camera today while emailing but I will send some videos and photos next time.

Things are just going great right now!! I have really enjoyed my mission. I never thought I would be the one that everyone jokes about going home. They have finally started and now the jokes are never ending. Are you excited for Mother’s Day call? hahah It will be your last one. hahah It is pretty fun!!

I know and have learned so much about the gospel but the biggest thing I have learned is that it is true. We are all human and make mistakes but this gospel is here to help us. We should never turn away from it!!

Have a great week.

Love,

Elder Cahoon

No comments:

Post a Comment