Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Week 94 I Got to Ride a Boat

Dang time is really starting to fly!! The best part about serving is when you really work hard and do all you can, that is when the time feels the best!! Yes you are tired and ready to fall asleep on the spot but when you don’t work and you are lazy you feel like crap.

We had so much this week that there was no time to feel like crap. One thing after another. I loved it!!

There were some fun highlight for me. One of them being I got to ride in a boat this week. In my ward we have hundreds of islands off the coast from us. About 4 or 5 are heavily populated. Among the people that live on the island are all the less actives that are trying to hide from us. I thought living on an island would be expensive but because you have to take a ferry to get to the main land it makes the cost of living there very cheap!!

While we were planning in the morning we had a very strong impression to go to Russell Island. It is no easy task getting there. It takes up a big chuck of our day. The ferry is about 30 minutes and we have no car so we have to walk up and down the 8 k long island. We began our journey out there and had a map with all the less actives that we wanted to visit.

We got 100 meters from where there ferry docks and a man stopped us and asked if we were Mormons. Yes we are. Can we help you? Two hours later we had made a great friend and really helped this man understand all the questions that he had. It was quiet a unique experience. We just loved it. He was asking some really deep questions not to contend with us but just to get answers. His heart was not ready to accept the gospel but he was ready to be served. That is why we are here. Not to convert everyone that we talked to but to serve everyone we meet. We knew we needed to be on that island and we thought it was to visit less actives. Little did we know we needed to be there to find him!!

We never made it to a less actives house due to time and the ferry scheduled with our next appointment but it was amazing!

One of the other great things that happened was on Sunday. We have a family of 8 that we are teaching. The oldest is 9 and she got baptized already and the rest are too young to. In August one of the boys will turn 8 and he is so excited. Mom and Dad are working on getting married first and giving up smoking. During one of your visits with them there uncle Robert sat in and said, “Can I be baptized?” They are just a family of miracles. Dani and Leigh are the parent’s name. The best part was they all came to church as a family this week. Everyone loved them. Both parents have every part of there body tattooed so they stood out like a sore thumb but everyone loved them.

The best part about the wards that I am in is their love for missionary work!! We had a young man bring his girlfriend to church for the second time in a row. We got to teach is Sunday school class while she was there! It is so amazing how much love our Heavenly Father has for us and how much he wants to bless us through others!!

We had a big training about the Smart Phones that we will be getting in 4 to 8 weeks. So I might be able to use one for a week and then go home or I might not even get to see one. It was such a cool training and is really going to hasten the work here!! The part that I just hated was I was getting all excited to think of how I can use it and implement it with my area and investigators and so on. Then I resized that I am going home soon and will not get to be a part of it. Nonetheless I have had a great mission and would not trade it for anything. I challenge you who have smart phones. Help the Lord hasten his work. I have knocked on over a million doors in two years on my mission to talk to people and you can to share the message with them and you can do the same thing in two minutes with the phone in your pocket.

I love this work!! I love the Lord!! I know that he wants his children back into his fold. Help him with it.

I have been very blessed during my mission to hear from general authorities and a lot of really amazing people. This week we had Chad Hymas come to our mission.

So far he has spoken at a fireside that we were able to attend and also spoken at our zone conference. I have heard him speak before at my high school. He flew in on a helicopter. So I have never forgotten who he was.

His story is quiet amazing and makes you want to do something! Hearing from him twice already has been such a blessing and on Friday I will get to hear from him again at our MLC. He wants to train us in public speaking and improve our training qualities. He is ranked number 8 in the world for public speaking. So it is going to be such a blessing to hear from him!!

I hope everyone has a great week!! 

Love, 
Elder Cahoon















1 comment: