Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Week 76 I Love What I Am Learning and Becoming

Far out!!! The mission is so fun!! I love what I am learning and becoming!!

Where to start is always the question!!

I am going to start from last P-day and go over the big spiritual fun stuff. Pheew ok so last P-day we got the great idea to go on a hike. We saved up our K's and drove out to a group of mountains called The Glass House Mountains. By the way mountains here are not mountains, just big hills...

They stilled looked really cool. We had all the Elders in our zone car pool with us so we could all go. It was a 4 k hike that looked easy on a map but in real life it was hard!! The hike was 60 degree incline the whole time. We were pretty much rock climbing the hike. About 1/4 of the way up we got to a spot that everyone struggled with. Elder Aspacio and I said, “You all wait here. We will go to the top real quick then come back down.” All the elders were beat at this point so they loved the idea of stopping on a cool ledge with a great view. As we went up it got hotter and hotter steeper and steeper. I thought we were going to die it was so hot!! I was drenched and dripping with sweat!! Dehydration was near, so we took a long break in the shade and then made it to the top for 2 seconds then came down quickly. It was beautiful!!

The stupid part of this whole story is it was 37 degrees and I was the only smart one to bring water!! One elder brought 4 liters of soda. I was dealing with a bunch of idiots!! haha So to end the day we played basketball and drank heaps of water!!

The real fun began when we started our missionary work for the week. After our hike we also got to go do an interview for a wonderful lady that was getting baptized on Monday! There was also going to be a baptism on Saturday so we interview him too. I love going over the interview questions and hearing converts pure simple testimony!! Deep doctrine gets too confusing sometimes. I love hearing a brand new pure and simple testimony on the simple but powerful things that they know are true.

Both baptisms were beautiful! Satan works hard though. We had to frantically call the Mission President as the baptism was starting. One of them went out with her family on Sunday to celebrate her wedding and she didn't realize it but she drank wine. So at the baptism we talked with her and she got the mission presidents go ahead but boy was it a scare for the sister who taught her. She has not been drinking since before Christmas.

It just goes to show that Satan will try everything to stop just one soul!! On that note too he tired to stop Victor. Another one of the baptismal dates we have within the zone. His sister showed him antimormon things and he wants to investigate more. We had the stake president go over to see him and address his concerns.

The work of God will go forth and nothing will stop it!!

Yesterday we had one of the best Zone Conferences I have ever been too!! I was just so caught up in what we’re learning about!! It was held at our stake center so we were asked to get there a few hours early and set up with the AP's. As we were setting up Elder Pugsley grabbed me and said Elder Cahoon will you conduct this meeting. Haha I freaked out!! I was pretty scared!! We had about 50 missionaries at the meeting. They had me sit right next to President McSwain. That was really cool. He would lean over to me and change the scheduled or talks or trains right there just based on what the spirit said. It was so cool!!

The meeting was very basic and went over things that we have been over a million times. Obedience and The Book of Mormon!! Repetition is key though, it is the way we learn. We are not running out of things to train on, we have to have a foundation before we can build the rest!! So it was really amazing!!

I was just so excited after that!! We went to see Dontay!! He did not come to church this Sunday which was all our fault!! He said he was all ready but did not know the time!! Man sometimes you can forget the stupidest simple things.

This lessons with him was the best one!! RESTORATION!!! The power that comes to an honest soul looking for the truth or for something is amazing!! I think we blew his mind! I wish we could record these lessons with people!! His whole mindset changed and you could just see it all make sense in his mind. Even though he does not have a background in religion or God you know he can feel it. Well, wait I take that back. He has the biggest background in God, we all do. Pre-earth life. Duh!! Haha the spirit testifies that it is true!!

I am so excited, we have not taught the Word of Wisdom but he know because we mentioned it for baptism we have to be clean!! Well he made a commitment last week to try and this week it has been 4 days since he smoked!! PROGRESS!!! He was so excited to tell us!! I am so excited for Thursday this week. We are going to go over and take him to the Addiction Recovery class they do at our chapel!!

After our lesson he had a few questions and one them was what is church like. As we described you could tell he felt a bit weird about it. He does not have any "nice" clothes... I felt so bad. I love the guy so much. He is so fun!! He is also my same size. Well I have 3 long sleeve white shirts and heaps of pants. So I am going to give a pair to him so he can look really good. I remember an email my sister sent that talked about giving a man a white shirt and how happy he was for it. I am so excited to give it to him. I picked out a really sweet flower tie I have for him too!!

The blessing of being apart of the Lord’s church is so amazing!! I think my most favorite quote of all time is " This Gospel is here to bless our life so God can work though us to bless other lives" I don’t know who said it or where it came from but it is so true!! I am so blessed right now!! My family and friends and sister are so blessed right now!! It is amazing.

I love this Gospel!! I love Jesus Christ!! This is his church!! It is a true church!! Love you all, have a great week. Enjoy the photos.

Love,
Elder Cahoon
























No comments:

Post a Comment