Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Week 74 Spinal Meningitis

Well I will start out with a fun P-day story from last week. After I emailed we went to go get a haircut. Usually a member does it but he was not free for the next few weeks. My hair was pretty long so I did not mind paying to get it cut. For a while we’ve driven past this little barber shop and I felt prompted to go there for a cut. Haircuts are the best for sharing the gospel. You get 30 minutes to just talk about who you are and what you do.

So I sat down and this nice old grandma starts cutting my hard. After the first cut she asked what church I go to. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint. I thought things were going to go perfect after that. Well she looks at me and says oh great I am a Jehovah Witness. I just hate the JW. All they do is argue and content. So the whole haircut she is trying to have a go at me!! I was so mad. I just bit my tongue and talked nicely and in a way that she could not argue with what a said. Haha it was terrible. She did a great job on my haircut though.

The rest of the week went ok, half of it was work and the other was rest. I got really sick but I will get into later.

I was able to go on another great trade off with Elder Etilage. He is from Tahiti. We had a great day set up!! We had one really solid investigator to see and lots of potentials to visit. We started with the really great investigator Emma. She investigated for a few months before leaving on holiday to USA. She has been back for a bit now and wanted us to stop by. When we got there all she talked about was how much she loved coming to Mormon church and how good she felt there. We only had a few minutes with her. She had to go do some stuff so we talked about how she could have that feeling forever!! Baptism. Boom she accepted and will be baptized on March 3. It was pretty amazing. After that every lesson the other appointments fell through so we door knocked for the rest of the day! The best part was 18 degrees and raining. So it felt so good to be out in cold weather and knock doors. Sadly nobody was interested.

At the last door we met some really nice people who started to ask us question and it was going nice but then they got aggressive. They started to yell and "contend" with us. I HATE bible bashing. It is no good. A waste of time and appearance. So we avoid it at all cost!! After they started to really bash I asked before it got bad and said "Hey we really appreciate and respect your beliefs. We have ours and we don’t want to force it on you. We would love to go." The lady responded with are you scared cause your wrong? I did not argue but I spoke back nicely. We should have just left right then but some how we got into a bit of a discussion. I felt like Abanidi. It was so bad. So we apologized for our behavior and left bearing testimony of Jesus Christ. I felt bad on how it went and my comp and I talked about what we should have done and then repented.

When we got back to our car after finding in the rain I was drenched. I had a raincoat on but it was just soaked!! We got in the car and I could not stop shaking. I was so cold for the first time. I thought boy this is just great!! Even with the heater on I was still cold. I knew something was up.

When I woke up that morning I had the biggest headache of my life. I felt so sick. Flu like. So I called the doctor and slept for the whole day. It felt really really good to get some rest!! I was in so much pain.

That night I felt bad for not serving the Lord. It is so hard to just sit and be useless. I wanted to get out and go go go. It was still raining so it was perfect weather!!

Dontay was going to have us come over that night for a lesson. So I took some pain killer medicine and went out to see him. Turns out he was sick to so we got his phone number and set up another day to come around. He was still just so excited!!

That night I was showering and just froze in pain. I could not move. I fell to the floor. After a minute it passed and left a massive headache. I thought maybe I moved the wrong way... well the next day same thing happened but for a while. So I called the doctor. He came out and gave me a look over. I have caught a virus. So he gave me medicine and I got rest!!

So the rest of our week was spent getting rest!! I slept a lot towards the end of the week. I was told to get heaps of rest! So the morning I would rest and if we had plans or something easy to do we tried to go out in the afternoon to do a bit of work. It worked out ok.

I am feeling a lot better today and still am going to take it easy but try and get some work done. We have a lot going for us.

Have a great week. 

Love Elder Cahoon


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this powerful article, your explanation is clear and very easy to understand. Please kindly visit our site to get more information about Home Docto.Home Doctor mackay


    ReplyDelete