Friday, February 2, 2018

Week 73 We Found Our Groove

Fairdinkum, what a growing week this was for me!! Where to start is my big question!! We had so much happen!!

I guess I will be upfront about my comp and I. Isn't that what everyone wonders back home? Haha well I won’t lie, last transfer was hard and we struggled to get along. But boy I can testily of the power of prayer and being humble. I am not the most humble guy, so I am so grateful for Elder Aspacio’s patience for me. We really hit it off this week. Like I said we really struggled last transfer to get along and have a love for each other. We kept pointing out the bad and not looking for the good. This week we got into a deep chat about how we can grow and look for the good in this companionship. From that day, we have been rock stars!! We still drive each other crazy but with that we have learned to make sacrifices for the other and to really work through our differences. I love it. Last transfer I sorta prayed that we would not be together but then I read a quote, "sometimes God does not change our circumstances because he is trying to change our heart." Wow that hit me hard and changed it all for me!! The way I have looked at things now is amazing!! I have learned a deep principle from every single one of my companions!!

I guess with that being said it’s a new transfer. I am so excited!! We are getting a brand new missionary in the zone and got 2 superstars who have been out for a little over 6 months. They seem so great and they are so ready to work!! Our zone/stake is doing so amazing right now!! The culture of missionary work is changing so much in our wards!!

We have the wonderful opportunity to have a zone meeting every week. The way it lines up with sister and elder we have to do it in a big group so it is not a double date. Right before our zone meeting on Friday we had a big meeting with our Stake President. I love going to meetings to talk about missionary work. There is just a cool spirit. Trying to figure out how we can yoke with his keys and our bishops keys is the funnest!! The meeting went really well. He talked about a lot of great things and how we can help. One of the out comes from it was President Ziesel wants to come to our zone meeting or have a stake member be present. This way they can be heavenly involved and know how to help!!

Well that was Friday and we have our meeting Tuesday. We started to prepare every needful thing for this meeting. I have been really slack on filling out all the paper work and staying up to date or being 100% ready but this was a wake up call to me. I stayed up the whole night from when we got back to the flat catching up on all the reports and paper work. We prepared so much for our meeting and it was just lead by the spirit!!

When the meeting came around we were all ready in suits and pretty dresses for him. We went over our goals for the month and our plans to accomplish them. Man I loved planning now and being on the ball. It was so great!! Everyone was so inspired and our Stake President gave a really good humbling training on how we can work with our ward leaders! This work is really just so amazing!! The way it flows and the way the spirit testifies and works through you is one of the coolest feeling ever!!

We have been having a great week thus far and last week was so great!! For those of you who have read my last two emails about being in two wards I am happy to say that this week I did not fall asleep in any of my church meetings. I was awake and attentive the whole time. We had a really good ward council meeting and have a great proactive Bishop who eats and lives missionary work.

On 26 we had a ward party for Australia Day. Last year I went all out with my Aussie pride so this year I did the same. It was really fun and all the members loved it. Back to this awesome Bishop... At this party he invited all his neighbors to come. We held the party at the church and gave them a tour of the place. It was just so great to see that our Bishop is leading by example on how to do missionary work!! It really got the ward excited to share the Gospel. We are really pushing this month to work with the members and get their help. We are doing ok on our own with finding people to teach but the best way is when the members bring them in.

Beth is still doing great!! We have not been able to meet with her this week because of school and work, but we have kept in contact with her via calling her. She has been reading the Book of Mormon in her spare time and is really excited to meet again and learn more.

Allan was really great this week. The way we are going to get him is through love and the Book of Mormon. We saw him 3 times this week and just had a fun time eating and reading the Book of Mormon. His wife gave a talk at church so he came. Usually he comes but it was a really neat thing to have him come to hear his wife give a talk. I hope it touched his heart!!

Our biggest MIRACLE this week was while finding. We always see the biggest miracles while finding. It started out with a young boy Dontay 17 coming to the door and saying hi. We got chatting. He just moved down from the Northern Territory. That is the bush of Australia. He lived off the land in the middle of the desert!! A lean to for shelter from the sun. He befriended a massive kangaroo, emu, and dingo. For a few years he just lived off the land hunting and serving. He is only 17 so I thought that was just so amazing!! As we chatted a few kids (Brock and Reese. 10 and 6) came out of the house and their Mom. Dontay is living with them to help take care of the kids. His mom is good friends with the Mom there. Lekreesha. haha crazy name. Well in our chatting he talked about doing some things that he was not proud of. I told him hey me too but guess what, we can overcome them. We taught about the atonement and how he can get rid of those feelings. So they invited us back the next day a 4pm

That morning we were trying to get one of the young men to come with us. None were available, then the spirit said bring Mariah... I thought that would be so weird. How could we? She is a YSA girl who has no car and we can’t pick her up. That would be weird to bring her to the lesson. I put the prompting off and we went to Dontay’s at 4. They were home but about to head off to the library. So they invited us back at 7. We thought sweet we are going to be one splits tonight so we can bring one of the Brothers here.

As we continued to door knock that day Elder Aspacio looked at me and said we should bring Mariah. I thought crap!! It was the spirit!! Lets go get her. So we asked if she would be free to come to the lesson at 7. Since we were going to be on splits we would be able to pick her up since the priesthood holder would be driving his car. So we worked it all out and got to Dontay and the family at 7. They were all ready for us and super excited... then I just lost it.

I got companionites if that is a thing. We.... wait I started to teach what we had prepared. Far out I need a comp to help me. I was digging myself a hole. Dontay, since he lived in the middle of nowhere his whole life has no clue who God or Jesus is. Everything I prepared went out the window and I had the priesthood leader with me and a pretty YSA girl all looking at me to teach this lesson that I did not now how to teach. My whole mission I have taught people who know who God is or have a small idea of how it works.

Dontay knew NOTHING!! I was digging myself a grave. It must have looked so funny. The miracle is that they still are interested. Brother Tredray was able to give a really powerful testimony that what I will teach is true and Mariah tied the bow to wrap it up with a powerful testimony too. I don’t know why I needed her, but I know that she needed to be there. That much I do know. I know that we followed the spirit on that and it might have saved the whole thing. Who knows... It was just good to know we did what the Lord needed. We got a return apt for Saturday and this time I will have my comp and a member. It will be very interesting to teach who God is and the love he has for him. It will blow his mind. I am so excited!! They are a golden family. I ended the lesson with teaching about what we do as missionaries and how we help to learn about God. Boy I was a mess, it must have been so funny for everyone.

I want to leave my witness that this is Gods work. Man I love it. I may not do the best at times but I am on a high right now that I will not let down!! The key is to REMEMBER HIM, ( Jesus) what he did for me (you) us... That has been my drive this week. It is so amazing!! We have so much going for us. I am so excited. We just got a new senior couple from Draper Ut and they are ready to go. It was been fun to work with them. This work is really so great I can't say it enough times. I love it.

I love you all, thanks for the love and emails. Have a great week!!














No comments:

Post a Comment