Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 49 On My Knees

AHHHHHHH I am going to be totally honest. I don’t want to make it sound all nice and good. This week was the hardest ever on my mission.

Elder Sharma and I had a hard week trying to work. Let’s just say I was on my knees a lot praying for what to do. I don’t want to sound like I am pointing a finger too. I was a part of the problem too.

In the end after some yelling on Sunday we came to the agreement to start over and both be humble. It is going ok. We are talking now I’ll put it that way. I have never had a comp not talk to me for a week. I would ask a question. No reply. Man was it a hard week. But hey things are going good now and I don’t care if you know or not. It is just part of the mission and all returned missionaries know.

Oh so I don’t have much to report on. Nothing happens in the work if you and your comp don’t do it together. We still got really good numbers and lessons in but there was no miracle or blessing. Working together is key also in this work.

The one fun but terrible story is Elder Young. He severed in this area right before I got here. Well he ended his mission and his parents picked him up in Australia. That always sounds so fun right?? It is so great for the elder who gets to see his parents. But man for everyone else it sucks big time.

He called us from his father’s phone and said “Hey elders my family is on the Gold Coast. Are you seeing Shelia today?” Luckily we were and he asked if he could tag along. That seems great right. Well that is I guess where the fun part was. To have Shelia see Elder Young right before he leaves back home. It was a really powerful lesson and we made huge progress with her. This week she only had about 1 to none coffees a day. Thanks Elder Young. He is from Orem, Utah. Oh dad do you work with any Young's? The dad knew you and said he worked with you. I even made sure it was not the football one. It was you.

So the terrible part comes when you see the whole family together having a great time. When we got home I was in a huge depressed home sick slump. So badly did I just want to just call up my family like Elder Young did and just say “Hey Dad. How are you?” Man it sucked.

I did have a good week in the growth of testimony and the power of prayer. Holy cow is this church true. We had a lesson in church about Joseph Smith. The lady that gave the lesson was like an apostle. I don’t know how, ok wait I do know it was through the spirit but how the spirit works so well I have no clue. It was amazing. I have never seen the prophet in that way. I testify right here, right now that I know that the prophet Joseph Smith is a true prophet. He would not have done or gone through what he did if he was just making it up. I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. I know they live and love us and through the power of a simple prayer brought about this great work. This week I have really learned the power of prayer. I was in such a need to know what to do with my crazy comp. I was so eager to email my earthly father and ask him what to do. Dad I am still going to ask you but I knelt down in prayer and asked my Father in Heaven what to do. Boy did it make all the difference.

Sorry about the small letter this week. I just had a rough one. But life goes on and next week is gonna be great!! I love you and miss you.

As Parker would say:

Onward and Upward,

Love Elder Cahoon.

Crazy to think you are home Parker.

 Elder Sharma






Sore knees from lots of prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment