Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 48 The Work is Hastening

Whoa guess what!!! Even since I have been sent down south from up north I have got a new companion every 6 weeks!! So my exciting news is that I am still in Gold Coast but I have a new companion named Elder Sharma. He is from Fiji. This is his first time being a ZL so we are going to figure it out together. I sorta knew him before. He was in my district up north but we only saw each other on skype. It was fun to meet him in person today. I can see just from meeting him we are going to get along. He reminds me of Elder Bodeeletkaseam. He loves the area and the flat. He is just a really fun outgoing person. I think that is where my last comp and I struggled. He did not ever like to talk with people or connect with them. He described it as an extrovert and introvert. But the good news is Elder Sharma and I are just the best.

So not much happened this week. I can’t remember if I said it last week. I don’t think I did. Jessie's mom and son are both on date now with Jessie so that is just so great!! Oh no I don’t think I told you, but last week we went fishing after we emailed and while we were fishing Jessie came by in a kayak and then started fishing with us. After fishing we went and had a lesson with him and his family and they wanted to get baptized with him!! Like I said last week, the work is hastening!!

On that note another cool hastening story happened. We have a member who is always doing mission work. Well trying. No one she invites wants to take the lessons, but she still prays and tries. This week she/we got a miracle. She was walking into work when she got the strongest prompting to talk to a man in a wheel chair. As she did she heard his American accent. Long story short he is from Park City, Utah. He is in a wheel chair because he fell 50 ft while rock climbing and broke just about everything. Sucks to be him but he is ok. His name is Graham and he is not a member. But he would really like to take the lessons. She got his phone number and we gave him a call and set up a time to meet. He is just great and really has true intent. He is looking for the truth and really willing to try everything. So now all we have to do is let the spirit testify to him. What a miracle. When we meet him we talked all about rock climbing and he went up AF all the time and knows right were we have been before for scouts. We hit it off great. He thinks it is a sign from God to have had this lady stop him and then for me to be from Utah and into all the same things as him. Hopefully this week we can set him on date.

We again had a cool hastening miracle happen while GQing. We were done and walking back to the car when we hear a yell, “HEY MORMONS.” Usually that is just terrible. Someone just wants to be mean and fight with us, but this guy came up and said, “Hey my wife is Mormon.” Haha what?? After talking he loves the W of W and has just been able to start living it. He has struggled with smoking but just last month has given up and really stuck with it. He has been to church and is ready to take the lessons.

It is just amazing to be apart of this work. We are not in charge at all. We would not have seen any success if we had not been obedient and tried to do the work. Really the Lord is in charge and we are privileged to be apart of this work!! Too many crazy things happen on your mission that you just cannot explain. No one else could have planned it better than God. It has been so cool to see his hand in this work. I am not like the brother of Jared where I have seen his actual hand but I have seen his hand in this work. He is in charge and running it.

One sad thing that happened this transfer was we had to close down an area. We had two elders get into a big fight and they got emergency transferred to different areas. The crazy part of this whole thing was we did not find out until after it happened. We had no clue that they were separated and gone. It took us 2 days to finally get word of it. The sad part is they have to talk to the area presidency to sort things out. So their area is shut down and they have no missionary's any more. Since they left in a hurry they did not have time to deep clean their flat and since they had been fighting the whole transfer they never cleaned their flat. So we had to go over and spend our whole day cleaning up rotten food and crap. There was just so much crap everywhere. It took so long to clean but now it looks so good. Mom, I bet you wish I would clean our house the way I clean a mission flat. It is spotless.

From now on we are going to go around and inspect all the flats and make sure the elders are keeping them clean. It was so bad. My flat took 20 minutes to clean because we keep it clean throughout the weeks. It makes it way better in the end.

We helped an investigator clean out a shed in his back yard and as we did we found these massive fishing poles. They were huge!!!! 12 ft tall. We helped him get all clean and settled and then at the end he said for our hard work to help him he would like to give us the fishing poles. So now we have the two little ones that we bought and 2 massive ocean fishing poles.

We have found out that all the rivers and lakes in our area are salt water and there are heaps of bull sharks in them... so we have asked around if it is possible to catch them. Heaps of people said it is all you catch. Oh just off topic last week we saw a massive sting ray just swimming in the water. So in like an hour from now we are going to the lake to fish for a shark. Our members said just get a big hook with a big chicken on it. When we cleaned out the flat they had heaps of bad chicken in the fridge so we kept it and this afternoon we are going to try and catch a shark!! It will make for a good story next week. Hopefully I don’t lose an arm or leg... hahah don’t worry mom:)

Well I think that is all I have for this week. It has been really good. I am really working on getting an Aussie accent and it is coming along. I have got some people really confused and they said, "Wait are you Australian??" The old people are easy to get but the young YSA think I still sound American. Either way I sound funny. It is great.

Love you all,
Elder Cahoon







No comments:

Post a Comment