Thursday, September 1, 2016

First Week in the MTC



As soon as you dropped me off we walked into a building and they said go here, then here, then here, and we will meet you here. I was so confused and scared. I finally made it to my room and right as I dropped my stuff off my host said ok time for class. We got to the room and I was the first one there so I just sat alone for like 5-10 minutes wondering what was going on. Slowly other people showed up. I was curious to meet my companion. He came late but seems like a pretty cool guy. His name is Owen Hanson from Texas. He has jeeped the white rim trail and likes to do a lot of the stuff I do, minus the winter stuff because of living in Texas. He is quiet but I like him. It is weird always having to be with him. We got separated in the lunchroom and panicked because we couldn’t find each other. It was pretty funny.

Everyday it is the same thing, wake up at 6, shower, eat, go to class for 3 to 4 hours then lunch then back to class until 9:30. So most of it is just sitting in a chair all day. I am really good at it because of Health Catalyst. I don’t mind it and it’s not very hard. It can just get really boring sometimes.

We have 8 elders and 4 sisters. All the elders are really fun and nice, and so are the sisters. We are a really close district. Last night we had 2 free hours and ended up staying in our classroom watching Mormon Messages. Everybody was crying and laughing. It was the one of the best nights so far.

I realized I brought everything I needed hygiene wise except for toothpaste. Haha. So the first night I had to borrow some. They have a store that has everything so I got some.

Most days we have and hour of exercise time and we usually play basketball. I wore my LP shirt and some people asked if I knew Frank Jackson. They were very jealous that I had seminary with him.

I saw Walker and Derek and they are doing good. I see tons of guys and girls from LP and that is really fun to talk with them.

I am scared. They had us teach a few investigators already and none of them went well. On our first one he told us we sounded like salesmen so that was frustrating and the next two just contradicted everything we said. It’s hard and I am struggling like crazy!

As a district we go to class and have all our meals together and hang out in our classroom talking and watching Mormon Messages. We don't do much because we don't have a lot of free time. We do play basketball when we can and that is fun. We did have a bunch of hidden messages in our room and they were fun to find.

We had a devotional on Sunday and the guy that talked was the guy that wrote Preach My Gospel. It was really good and we have another one tonight so I’m excited to go to that.

My branch president is brother Switzler from our ward back home. He is really good and the and his wife both loved to see me. They took pictures to show you. We can’t figure out how to upload photos but once we do I will send some.

Haha oh the food. It is not bad but it is not good. In all the bathroom stalls on the walls it says funny stuff like “this food is killing me.” It has not really bothered me but every once in awhile I will feel gross or have a stomachache.

We had subways yesterday and when Elder Dore went to get some water Sister Day took his sandwich and dumped a TON of salt on it. When he came back he opened it up looked at in and then put some sauce on it. He didn’t even notice the salt and took a huge bite and immediately tasted the salt and we all starting laughing so hard!!!! It was the funniest thing ever.

We also found out that a kid brought laxative and some how gave it to a whole district on Saturday and they were all sick and in the bathroom all day. That one was funny to us because we didn’t do it, but the MTC president is really mad. Sorta crazy that that happened.

I don’t know what to write because so much happens everyday. So email me questions.




Mom made a banner out of all of Spencer's cute missionary pictures.






Packed up and ready to go!


We had to fit both Spencer's suitcases and Emmy's college stuff in the back of Ben's car. It was hard enough dropping off Spencer at the MTC, but we had it double hard dropping Emmy at her college dorm right after dropping him off. I guess that's what happens when you have twins!







We drove to the Provo temple to have our last family picture for two years and to say our goodbyes.





We only had two minutes to say goodbye at the MTC. You pull up to the curb, unload, and say goodbye. It all happens so quick! 






Jake and Spence






Ashton had a rough time.






Our twinnies! They've done everything together up until now. 




Spencer and his companion, Elder Hanson from TX.






Spencer's district






Spencer with Walker Wolfgramm, an old friend from our Pleasant Grove neighborhood.






District with the Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment