Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Week 97 I Got to Carry Moroni

Geez it is amazing how you can have a great week and then in your eyes the worst week in the world!! I hate the feeling that I am not accomplishing anything...

Last week we got to see some great people and work heaps with the ward. This week we got to door knock for ages with no success. It is not the way to do mission work but when you have to fill up the whole day with things to do you have to do it.

Door after door, rejection after rejection. I think we had 3 people say we could come back. Ok wait there were some good people. One of them was Jaco. He is from South Africa and brought his family over for safety. He grew up Christian but has a hard time believing that God is real because of how the world is and how bad South Africa is.

Long story short he invited us back. If you never follow up you might as well never have met them. We followed up and he was home. Question after question. So we told him about the 5 lessons we teach and how they will answer all his questions in an orderly way. At the end he can make the decision for himself. He really liked that. So we taught the restoration to him. It was great and answered a lot of his questions. The Spirit was really strong and he agreed with all that was said. The only hard part will be to get him to believe in God. Because of his Christian upbringing he said the message made sense. The key will just to get him to read the Book of Mormon. He is great!! I love when people open up and talk to us about what they think and believe. It is amazing how the Light of Christ works with the Holy Ghost to testify of all the truth!

Knocking and knocking and knocking. One day you get blessed. For as we say here for every door you knock a person gets baptized in South America. haha

Despite it being a rough week we still had great things happen for us. I was just feeling a bit alone. I have been worn out. It is tough leading an area that you don’t really know. Things are getting there though.

Like I said last week we really started getting to know the members and work with them. The YSA leaders for our ward area super keen to help so we met with them and talked about our activity night. BTW we are doing it again tonight because it was so good last week. Anyway the YSA leaders (the Greens) were having a pot luck dinner with all the YSA at their house. We were invited and really got to know more of the YSA. The better part was there were heaps of less active YSA that we really hit it off with! I was ecstatic.

On Sunday we had a lot of those YSA there!! Plus some ones that come but are struggling. The even better part was we got asked to teach the YSA class on faith. Geez I really love to teach and while teaching the class I had the thought, hey maybe you should be a teacher. It was pretty fun. It was not the only teaching I was doing on Sunday. I got to give a talk and teach sharing time.

Over time on my mission I have really grown to love to talk and teach. I hated it back home and was always so scared. It has been so fun to do on my mission though.

We had transfers this last week. I got to see Elder Winter & Pugsley. They have now gone home. I looked up to them for so long. It is crazy!! While we were saying our goodbyes a member from my last ward was at the temple too. He was fixing some stuff up. His job is to keep the temple going. Well a few months ago I sent home a picture of Moroni and me. Well at transfers Moroni was getting transferred too. So Bro. Odwyer called me over and asked if I could gather a few of my mates and help him. I got all my comps still on the mission. Elder Winter, Choi, Beranibwebwe, and then Elder Top, Tenny, and Olson. We had to put on some special white gloves and then carefully pick up Moroni and put him into his shipping box!! It was the coolest thing ever!! I got to carry Moroni! It was such a unique opportunity.

I am so excited for my last transfer. Things are going strong. I am going to give it my all. It is crazy that it is coming to an end. There is so much to do. I love my mission so much!!

Have a great week. 

Love, 
Elder Cahoon










No comments:

Post a Comment