Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Week 60 Word of Wisdom and The Law of Chasity

Another week has gone by and more things have continued to happen. Where to start is always the question.

Our week started with a trade off with an area that is the farthest away. It is so far away that it is in a different state. They are in a little town called Lismore, NSW. They are about 3 hours away from us and the town is tiny.

I felt like I was in a big version of Charters Tower's. I was with an elder who served in Charters Towers after I left. He hated it there. So that was a bit sad. The best part about our trade off was we found a new investigator for them. They have not had a new investigator for a few weeks. So it was really great!!

The next trade off was with Elder Top from England. He came to my area and we got around. It was our busiest day of the week. Shelia wanted us over at 10. Jessie wanted us over at 12:30 and we had to run around to all the areas and do some zone stuff. It was crazy!!

Our lesson went so great with Shelia. She is really coming along. We call her the dry Mormon now. She knows everything and loves everything. We even calculated how many times she has come to church. Over 20. She is so ready but not ready at the same time. She is still on 2 to 3 cups a day. If you have any ideas for help that would be great!! Our Bishop suggested we go when she has the first one in the morning. So Elder Top and I asked when she wakes up and drinks it. 5 in the morning is when she is up and going. So starting tomorrow we are going to wake up at 4:30 and go over and watch the sunrise with her and bring a fruit salad. It is going to be so hard to get up but it is going to help her so much.

President McSwain said get her off coffee for a week and baptize her and the Holy Ghost will give a go at her. So that is the plan. So there is not date set yet but it will come quick. Get ready!!

Jessie is going so much better than ever before and also worse than before. He meet a girl who was homeless and she moved in with him at his house. The good news is that when we have lessons now he really pays attention because of her. She became a new investigator and they are really growing together. The hard part will be when we get to the Law of Chastity. At our last lesson Jessie was shirtless and covered in hickies. haha They are coming along.

This week I had my ASL knowledge come in handy. A man came up to me gesturing for help but not speaking. I pulled out a paper and said are you deaf. He wrote yes. I wrote I know ASL. He looked at me and said Hi my name is (I forgot) I know ASL too. We got into a very basic conversation. I was able to help him with what he needed and we got to sign for a bit. I was so frustrated because I could not sign perfectly and I forgot most of it. He helped me out and I made a good friend. He also signed Aussie and taught me a bit of that. Boy is their alphabet hard.

The highlight of the week was Celia's BAPTISM!! Everything went perfect. It was a really good baptism. Satan will always try and do the littlest thing to stop it from happening. When Celia got to the chapel she realized she forgot to bring a change of clothes. She was panicking but her great husband drove home and got her a dress. The elder that found her a year ago was in an area just outside of our zone. He goes home in a few weeks and we thought it would be great to get him there. Celia picked him to baptize her and it worked out perfect. He got to come a year later and see her get baptized. How cool is that!! When she came up out of the water the first thing she said was " Did it work?" I loved it so much. She had so much faith that her sins were going to be forgiven her. How wonderful!!

Our Friday was spent with the wonderful senior couple in our area. Elder and Sister Bale. They got put in charge of getting everything ready to move the elders that are living in our flat. The cool part is they just live down the road from us. We went around with a big trailer and we were their heavy lifters. Haha it is so fun spending the day with senior missionaries. They are just so funny and lovable. We almost died in 3 car crashes but eventually we got everything with out a scratch.

It has continued to rain but it still has not stopped us. Adrian is still going strong and keeps coming to church with his family. We have stake conference next week so we moved his date to the next one. It will be the last week of the transfer. But it is solid and will be great!!

Things are just great and keep going. I love this work and being a part of it. Seeing people change their lives is a great thing. Celia and Adrian are so amazing.

Hope you are all well. It would be good to hear from you by the way;)

Love,

Elder Cahoon


No comments:

Post a Comment