Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Week 57 This work is just so damn great!!

Oh my goodness things are back on track. This was the best week of my life so far. It was also one of the craziest!! So here we go. Fun and very spiritual!!

So the greatest thing that happened to this zone was we got 3 new missionaries with us. They are so excited for the work and we saw a massive jump in numbers and work this week. It is going to be amazing!!

While calling in for numbers I was just blow away!! The whole zone tripled their numbers from last week. Last month we had 9 new investigators. Elder Sharma and I had 4 of those. Well this week almost everyone in the zone got 3. We had 9 new ones just for this week. I have said it before but now I really know it. The Lord is hastening his work. It depends on our obedience. Oh heck this work is just so damn great!! Damn is a normal word over here. Really fun to have picked up on it. Now I should start to try and lose it. I sound like an Aussie now.

I don’t know if I have mentioned a man named Steve. We found him on trade off a few weeks ago. He is 47 and loves mountain biking. Right now he just wants to know the truth. So when we have lessons with him he really listens and has good questions. Elder Sharma and I prepared a really powerful lessons on the restoration but more on the living prophet. Well the spirit pricked his heart and he agreed to be baptized on October 20. I love teaching him. Whenever we share anything he always listens so well and is actively involved. He is just the best!! We still don’t know what his big set back will be. We have only seen him 3 times. Things might just go well with this one. Let’s all pray for that!!

Oh one of the most humbling hardest but greatest thing we did this week was while we were GQing at the local mall. Oh it was sad to see. We were sitting at the bus stop when a big group of the "druggy" kids came walking by. We both look at them and they looked at us and then some how we started talking. There were about 10 of them who all were smoking and drinking. They sat down with us and we started to chat. They were wondering what the heck we were doing. So we started to share. One of them knew Mormons and knew that we don’t drink or smoke. Boy did that sounds like the end of the world to them. They were picking on us and probably thinking we were so weird. We had a fun time chatting and it was so funny. There comments were so great!! " You don’t have sex until your married?? Boy are you missing out!! Just come with us tonight, we will show you a good time" Haha we were cracking up. We got offered to smoke, drink and break all sorts of commandments.

I felt so bad for these kids. They are miserable. They are 15-17 and all homeless. Oh I felt so bad for them. After they picked on us and stopped smoking we got the opportunity to teach them the P.O.S but more on how much Heavenly Father loves them more than anything and wants them to be happy. Out of the 10 kids, 7 left and 3 stayed. Pat, Jess, and Sophie. They too were pricked by the spirit. They were sick of what they were doing and wanted to have what we had. It was so hard to see them in the state that they were in. Homeless and lost.

I had to run to the car to get more Book of Mormons and pamphlets and as I did I prayed so hard for these kids!

At the end of our little lesson I asked how they felt. Peace. Something they had never felt before. Oh I hope and pray so hard that we can help these kids. They are the ones that need it the most!!

Elder Sharma and I are on a roll right now. I love him so much and have been able to find that click that we needed to yoke up and see success in this work. This week was just full of miracles. We tried to spend heaps of time finding. It was the hottest it has been yet this summer. So we had some fun sweating!! The funnest part came when we came to an open door. We knocked on the wall and for a good while no body answered. We gave it a bigger knock and then it came. Elder Sharma said he felt prompted to close the door but did not. So when IT came it went right to him. A massive dog. I don’t know what type but it was massive. It came right up to me and then turned to Elder Sharma. Sniffed him and bit his leg!!! I stepped back and knocked down all the pots on the stairs and they all shattered. The man who owned the dog came out and started to yell so loud at us. But as soon as he found out the dog bit us he turned into the nicest man who was willing to do anything to help. What a crazy day it was.

We were blessed for our hard work though. We said sometime you have to go through hard times before the good ones come. Well that night we were meeting with the Gonzales family. Again we prepared a really powerful lesson. It was only a 4 minute one due to the little boys Adrian's lack of attention but it still brought in a powerful spirit and we set him on date for the 28 of October. We also committed his father to prepare to be worthy to baptize him.

I love this work so much!!!!!!!!!!!! This week was so fun to see things picking back up again. I wish I could write more but I could go on forever. The Lord has blessed me and my companion so much and I am so grateful that I was able to come to Australia and serve the people here. They need it too!!

Another great thing that happened was Celia, the one who was on date but moved. Well she got married. I will include her picks. Well we got permission even though she lives out of our area to baptize her. She did not want other missionaries to teach her. She also has so many friends in this ward so it works out better to just have her drive the 15 more minutes to come to church. So this Friday we are going to meet her and set a date for next week or maybe the next one. Either way she is solid and so is Adrian. This is just so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now as I have said before we are living in a 4 man flat. Oh it is so fun. We hardly get any sleep though. We are obedient and go to bed at 10:30 but sleeping seems to not happen. We talk about our day and what happened and then about home or our areas. Elder Martin has told me all about Charters Towers and Ayr. Boy do I miss it. So fun!!

Well I hope you all enjoy this email. It was so fun to write, but now I want to write my family. Love you all and have a good week.

Love,
Elder Cahoon










No comments:

Post a Comment