Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 55 Exciting News!!!

I had the best day yesterday!! I don’t have too much to report on today since it was only 4 days ago that I emailed. I have some really good news though!!

ANGUS and SHANNA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Holy heck it was so amazing!!!

I was in a big church meeting with President McSwain and our Stake President and all the Bishops of the Stake. It was crazy! President was up giving his training and during the meeting shared a miracle that had just taken place. He said,  "We had a miracle take place up in Charters Towers. (He paused, looked at me and said...) Oh Elder Cahoon you know that place very well. That is where we banished you...oh wait sent you. haha"

President has a good sense of humor. He let me tell everybody about it up there and then asked me if I remembered anyone named Angus and Shanna. I said yes of course I remember them. President said well Elder Cahoon they got married yesterday and baptized today. After this meeting will you give them a call to congratulate them.

Oh my goodness I lost it in this meeting. It felt like I was there baptizing them. When one baptizes we all baptize. The cool part is I found them and if I had not done all the work up there it never would have happened. The Elders did a great job with them. It was almost a year to this day that we invited them to be baptized. I was reading through my journal and Elder Cadiang and I invited him on October 28 to enter the water of baptism. It only took about a year but boy what a feeling.

I got their number and had the funnest conversation with Angus. He has grown so much and I could feel his spirit and happiness so strongly over the phone. It was so weird when talking to him it did not feel like any time has passed. I was talking like I had just seen him yesterday. He named a few streets and I still remember them ( I only knocked all of them twice though) Oh it was just such a great thing. He talked about going to the temple and coming to Utah!!

I miss that place so much. Beenleigh was a fun area but geez I will never forget up north in Ayr and Charters Towers. I don't know if it was because it was my first area or because I opened it. But boy do I miss it so much. Elder Paulino and I had a good talk reminiscing in the good ol'days up north. Wow I hope this makes senses and you can feel the excitement.

As for what has happened this week, not much...

One fun thing that happened that is really good was on Friday we got word that at the chapel there is a pick up basketball game that happens and most people that go are non-members. So we got permission to regularly attend and try to get some people into the chapel part of the church and not just the gym. There are some really good people that come and they love the Mormons. It will be really fun to start working with them and playing basketball.

We were at a dinner with some really fun members that we have and they made heaps of cooked chicken and raw salmon. I was so glad they made the chicken I was eating the chicken and they asked why are you not eating the salmon? I was just not up to try it. They kept asking so jokingly I say I am allergic to it. haha they took it so serious. I felt really bad. I am not allergic to it. I feel bad now because they told everyone in the ward that I am allergic to salmon. So if any one asks this is the story of how I found out I was allergic to salmon. haha

Well next week I will have more to say. Things are just slowly pushing along. Until next week.

Love, 
Elder Cahoon




 Zone T-shirt

 Angus and Shanna


Angus and Shanna's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment