Thursday, September 14, 2017

Week 54 I look forward to the day I can sleep in

Ohhh what a week. I feel like sleeping all P-day but I’m doing the opposite. Long story short, and it will make sense as you read the rest of the email, I did not sleep the whole night ( Thanks Fukafuka;)) Plus to not sleeping I "woke" up at 4:30 to drive to the temple for temple P-day. That is why this email is so late.

Ok lets get started. I don’t know where I left off last week. We had our fight and then all good and I think then the investigators.

I guess I will start with all of our investigators on date. Jessie and Damion have been dropped as well as Astrid. The only people we have on date now are Celia and Shelia but Celia moved over the weekend. AHHHH some times you just say, “Stuff it. I am done!!”

We just have not been able to catch any of them. It gets frustrating but I learned a really good lesson. It is the Lord’s will. Ah that is the hardest part. If he wants people to join his church he will make it happen. I hope you get what I am saying. I am here to do work but if his will is to shape me instead of having me go for a swim then that is why I am here. The Lord will get them baptized if they need to get baptized. He knows I am here ready to go but it has to be his will. Oh it is hard.

Shelia is still on coffee and had a really close friend pass away. It caused a bit of a set back and a hard time for her but it also opened up a more real sense of the Plan of Salvation.

Even though we have dropped people we have also found people. Now get ready for the story of all stories. We were GQing along this path in our area when a lady came up to us and it sounded like she wanted to bash. (I hate when people do that) but she was just testing our testimonies and knowledge of the savior. She is not Mormon but loves them. Long story short after talking with her on the path. Elder Sharma did a stretch for his back. He hurt it a bit and was just loosening up. She noticed and asked if we would like to pray. Sure why not. She asked if she could put her hand on his back. It was a bit awkward but he said, “No...” She ended up holding our hands and saying the prayer for us on the lines of giving thanks but ending with,"We command you in the name of Jesus Christ to be healed from your troubles and trials. Amen..." I was trying so hard not to just bust out laughing. Haha it was so funny!! We got her address and number and saw her again. She is a new investigator now.

Another crack up as Elder Sharma and I finished up our day. We found ourselves walking down the path that Maria was on a few days before. As typical Elders do, we talked about girls for a bit as the night finished and I popped the question, “If the opportunity to kiss a girl came about on your mission, would you?” It is a fair question to have some fun with. But LITERALLY 5 seconds after, we walked in to Gracealia. She is from Brazil. We found her a few days ago and she became a new investigator. I also have learned heaps of Portuguese. I can say, “Hello I speak Portuguese” and then “Just kidding I am lying” and then “How are you?” It gets people. They get a crack up out of it. Anyways right after asking the question she showed up and shakes our hand but then says, “Kiss?” We were so confused. But then I got it. They do the kiss the cheek thing over there to say hello. Well now that we are friends she wanted to do it for us. Hahaha it was so funny, so right after asking the question, I kissed a lady from Brazil. Well not really but it was still funny how it happened. Oh boy the mission is so fun.

We had a day that we were so tired when we woke up. I got on my knees to pray and 30 minutes later finished my prayer. I fell asleep on the floor. When we awoke we realized we missed our exercise time and had to go straight to showering.

Upon doing that I got the thought, “Boy I am so excited for the day when I get home and don’t have to feel the biggest amount of guilty when I sleep in.” haha

The day before our temple pday we had trade off with our AP Elder Fukafuka. What a man. It was so fun. We did some really good things and tried to visit some part member families. Not much came from any of our work but I really got to see and learn from him. It was all fun right up until it was time for bed. This is where the beginning of the email will make sense. Right as his head hit the pillow he started a lawn mower. Now Elder Sharma snores like a monster truck but Elder Fukafuka is like 2 monster trucks!! Geez I have slept on the cough to get away from Elder Sharmas snoring and it works but there was no escape from Elder Fuka. He is so loud!! Goodness. What a night. I am so tired right now and about fell asleep in the temple.

Well this was a lot in one go and I missed about 90% of what happened but you got the good stuff.

With much love,
Elder Cahoon

PS Fuka when you read this I still love you but geez you snore so loud. Love you though.

Oh man I forgot to put this in the big email. Well this transfer we have been with everyone in the zone once and some elders 2 times. This week we had 2 trade offs and boy are they so fun. I love being a zone leader. Trading off is hard but fun. You get to switch things up, work hard, help others and see miracles. It is so great!!

Well now I am good. Until next week.

Love,
Elder Cahoon












No comments:

Post a Comment