Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Week 102 I love it, I live it and I testify that it is true

Well this will be my last email I write while in the mission field. Due to when I come home I will have to write about my last week at home.

What an amazing week this has been. I challenged myself to not waste a minute. So as always we have ran from door to door. At one point we were pretty much out of breath and could barely talk at the door.

The realization set in while knocking yesterday. We found a pretty wise man named John. He has studied the Bible for 60 years. We started to have a great conversation. It was not bashing at all but rather talking about doctrine and truth. I loved it. The whole time I was thinking how it is going to be awesome to come back. As we started waking down the driveway I realized that he said come back next week. Well that is when it hit. Far out I won't be there to see him again. That was a hard moment. From then on everybody we saw I keep thinking I will never have the opportunity to follow up with you. That is a sad moment when that sets in. Nevertheless we still ran and knocked and ran some more.

On Monday we had some pretty cool miracles. We really wanted to get out and do as much work as possible. After today we really only have Saturday to work. So again Monday we ran door to door. We set some really high goals to achieve and some of them we did not know how we were going to get them. For instance member presents. We had none planned for the day but still was able to manage to get one. George. He is really less active but is very open to have us come by and teach. While we were there his friend came over and sat in. The friend did not become a potential but was still able to hear a great message. I was just so amazed that the Lord put things in our path to help us achieve what we set!!

This is the Lord’s work. It is going to continue to go even when I leave. On Friday we will have our phones get unlocked. I will have Facebook for 2 days. So it will be of no use for me.

I had one of the most amazing experiences talking to Sheila this week. I was able to talk to her for a good while on the phone. The whole time she was just expressing gratitude and thanks for me. I was in tears. She has not missed a day of church. The love I have for her is amazing!! She changed my life!! Her family is starting to come around. A few of her grandchildren have come to church. This gospel is such a blessing in life.

Well I will end with a sure testimony that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the fullness of the truth here on the earth. It alone is led by a living Prophet of God. He has been called of God in these the last days. I know that Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He had a simple question to where he could find truth. I know that only he could have done what he did through the power of God. This gospel is the true gospel. It causes us to act and become better. I have learned that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. I have been able to be apart of helping some of His children to find that!! I KNOW the gospel is true. I KNOW the Book of Mormon is TRUE. I read it 7 or 8 times on my mission. Each time I received a witness that it alone is an inspired book. People may doubt and hate and persecute but no one can disprove it. Only doubt it because they know not. I alone know because I tried. I invite you all to do so!! I love it, I live it and I testify that it is true in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.





 Baby Koala in the wild!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment