Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weel 70 Great things always happen door knocking

What a week, ups and downs, hot and hot...

I did not think that I would be out on my mission when the prophet died. Oh it was so sad to find out about it. I just felt lost for a little bit. It was a sad way to start out our week after P-day. I remember when President Hinckey died but I was only 8 so it did not mean much. My whole mission I have been testifying to people that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. Boy do I know that with all my heart!!

It made it quite interesting the first time this week to testify of a prophet when the one that I have been testify of passed away. We know that the next one will be Russell M. Nelson but it just felt weird to say that he passed away.

I know that the Lord is still the leader of the church even if a great prophet passes on. The Lord is still in charge and presses forward. So do we in this work...

My first week here we met a really nice old lady named Dianna. She told us all about her father and how he was a pastor and did so much good. Way back then her father used to have the elders over for tea and converse doctrine with them. Well she remembers how wonderful it was to have them over so at the door she invited us to come back and share a message. We really did not think it was going to go anywhere. She was very persistent on letting us know about her father and his faith. When we came back the spirit was so strong. Some times you just smash a lesson. You really teach a person not a lesson. Well she opened up and we bore a powerful witness of the Restored Gospel on the earth. It lit her face up so much. At the end of the lesson we asked if she came to know if this was true would she get baptized. YES of course she said. It was just beautiful. She is super excited and her husband is on board and wants to hear our message too.

One of the biggest strengths that we have going for us is we get out and go door knocking everyday. Our mission sees miracles happen when we get a lot of contacts. Despite it being the middle of summer over here we have still been able to get out. It is not as hot as my first area up north but it has been 36 consistently and humid. When you walk outside you can feel your skin start to burn. I have put on so much sunscreen but still have been getting rosy cheeks. I don’t know how people live here and deal with this.

Great things always happen door knocking. We started this really big street and straight away a lady asked if we were LDS. We gladly replied yes and she said well I am not interested but I would love for you to come in and pick out a gift from under our Christmas tree. She went on about how much she loved us for what we do and our love for the Savior. It was beautiful to see her love for the Savior as well. I got a cool key chain and some chocolates. It was just amazing though to see a tender mercy from the Lord saying keep going you are doing great!!

Today was our Temple P-day so we got to go to the temple. Oh it was so nice. Just being able to sit in the house of the Lord and relax and see the big picture of why we are here and how important this work was is amazing!! Getting up at 4 am to catch the train was not. But the temple is so worth it. Afterward we had a great time getting interviewed by our Mission President. He was so excited for us and all the wonderful things happening in our zone. Things are really taking off and going great!!

It was so weird today while taking the train, this is the first time I have served around sisters and the elders ditched us on the way back. They did not stay around to wait for everyone to finish. So it was just me and my comp walking with 4 sisters. It felt like I was at mutual or something. It was so funny. They are great sisters who work really hard. This is the best zone right now!!

I hope everyone is having a good time in the cold weather. I love you all.

Elder Cahoon





No comments:

Post a Comment