Monday, November 13, 2017

Week 63 Loving New Comp Elder Winter

The stress is so real on the mission. This week was just as crazy but a bit less than last week.

I will start out by just saying how much I love Elder Winter. We worked so hard this week and saw so many miracles from it. For reals I am confident in saying that we will have not problems working together. I am not jumping the gun on this one. We just clicked and boy did things go amazing this week. We both are hardworking but have fun type of guys. The ward just loves it right now and as I said above, things took off this week.

The only bummer thing that happened this week was Adrian's baptism. He was all set Friday night  He passed his interview and was all ready to go. Again late that night after we saw them we got a call from them and they postponed it until next week. Their home teacher had a date that night with his wife and could not make it so they cancelled the whole thing. I was not mad that it got cancelled but I was mad when we had to tell everybody that it was not happening and after we invited everybody. Oh the stress of planning and having everything fall through is killing me.

The funnest none spiritual thing that happened this week was while we were GQing. We started talking to a man who looked a bit rugged. Long story short he took us to his car, which is like a small RV and he started to show us what he does for work. He is a gold prospector. So he had all this cool off road gear and camping stuff. When he got to his camera I pulled mine out and asked for some tips.

He said let’s go put it to action and I’ll show you. So we hiked up a big hill that over looks the city of Gold Coast and he put a new lens on my camera. Again long story short I learned how to take some really cool city photos and had some fun with it this week.

After taking the photos with him we went back to his car and edited them on a computer. While we were doing that he pulled out 6 or 7 pieces of GOLD. Not just your little flakes but massive nuggets. He let us take a picture of his smallest one. It was worth 500 bucks but to give you an idea of how big the biggest one was, it was worth 15-20 grand just on its own. The nugget was as big as my fist and he had heaps of them. It was a really cool experience. To top it off at the end he pulled out the new Mavic Drone and asked if I wanted to fly it. What a night this turned out to be!! I loved it!!

Now time for the real miracles worth more than all the GOLD we carried.

Right from the get go this week we have tried so hard to follow the spirit. Every time we went door knocking we either got heaps of potential people or new investigators. One day we had a man invited us in and we got to give the whole restoration lesson and he invited us back for more. It was amazing.

A while ago we were teaching Steve but have not seen him for a month or so. Elder Winter and I felt prompted to stop by one evening and he was free and we started going over and seeing what his intentions are again with learning more. Elder Winter and I are great teachers together. We are so good at it right now. As we taught him a lesson we committed him to be baptized on December 15. He invited us back the next day and we got to work finding the fellowship for him. The next day at his lesson we had a member there who really clicked with him and boy is he excited to learn and get baptized.

The miracles don’t stop there. We started to visit another part member family this week and on our second visit we asked Minique if she wanted to get baptized. She immediate reply was YES!! We set her for the 15th also.

But wait there’s more!!! At church we had a member grab us and take us over to Marty. He investigated the church right before I got here. Well he showed up to church and said, “I want to come back and start the lessons again and come to church. I know it is the right thing to do. My goal is to get baptized!!!"  We were in shock! We said great!! We set him on date for the 15th also.

I know this email did not have the best detail but too much happened this week to explain everything!! I just want to testify that this is God’s work and he is in charge. As we work hard he will bless us. I know it as I saw it this week!! It was amazing.

At the end of the week we got a new companion. His name is Elder Watson. He is in our zone but going through a hard time right now so President McSwain gave him to us and said show him how to have fun and work hard. Hence why there are so many pictures and miracles for this week. We are the best at working hard and having a great time.
This work is so great!! 

We saw Sheila and did service for her. I still can't believe Shelia got baptized. It is weird. When we visited her it was not to get her off coffee this week. It was to see how she was doing and share a spiritual thought. That felt different.
She told us that she went to a coffee store yesterday and bought all of her friends coffee and hot coco for herself. How amazing is that. I was a bit scared when she said she went to a coffee store but she is great. Once she got the Holy Ghost she knew she did not need coffee. It was a miracle!!



We had dinner on Sunday with the Mission President. Elder Watson needed an interview and we ended up staying for dinner. Geez there is so much to write but no time.

Just know I work hard and have fun as always. I love all of you and hope all is well.

Love you Bye.

















1 comment:

  1. I am glad to find amazing information from the blog. Thanks for sharing the information.
    Amplifiers in Bangalore | Auditoriums in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete