Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 13 District conference was amazing


G'day mate, How ya going?? I have been on my deadly treadly the last few days before hitt'n the frog and toad. Fairdinkum mate my shakes ponies have been sore!! I am not gamman with ya. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE Oi Oi Oi


I thought I would start out the email in my native language. I will be impressed if someone can figure out what everything means. 

This was the funniest, craziest, laziest and, best week ever!! Since I had to drop Elder Talaipa off and pick up Elder Cadiang, the elder he was with was companion-less so we had to stay in Townsville until his new golden missionary came. We got a call that he would not be here until Wednesday night. It was going to be crazy.

Elder Cadeardo, the 3rd companion was having some doctor problems so for the first 2 days we were there we just sat in doctors offices all day. At the last doctor appointment he was told he would need a colonoscopy. He had no clue what that was. I did. I started to laugh so hard. When we got in the car I told him they were gonna stick a thing up his bum. He went from being ok to pure terror. So that next day we had to stay in the flat all day since he was being cleaned out on the toilet. It was not a pleasing day. To add the craziness that day that he was stuck on the toilet was the day his new companion would fly in. So at 10:00 at night we went to the airport to pick the new golden up. We got there only to find out his plan was grounded in Brisbane due to rain. So we had to call President and figure out what to do. He said, "Go back to the flat but stay awake until I text you when he leaves." So we stayed up until midnight then left to the airport very tired to pick up a new missionary. We got him at 1:00 in the morning. We were all so tired. It was so fun though to pick him up. I understood exactly what he was going though since I did the same thing. So I felt like a pro. It felt like, “Just follow me kid and you will be good.” We got him back to the flat. He showered, ate, then we went to bed. We had permission to sleep in. But I had to drive Elder Cadeardo to the hospital to get a thing up his bum. We got there at 2:00 and did not get out until 6:00. I had no phone, no entertainment. Well I did have a Book of Mormon for entertainment but that got tiring after an good hour. So I slept and sat in the waiting room for hours. This whole week has just been crazy!!

It was a good week though. It taught me to love Elder Cadiang. He is the best now. I love him so much!!! We are doing great together. We struggled getting along with Elder Cadeardo, but through the experience I grew to love Elder Cadiang so much more!!

District conference was amazing!! We had an investigator (Mariah) from Ayr catch a ride with the Yips to come. It was her first time at church and it was the best. We got to go to all the sessions. Priesthood, Saturday and Sunday. It was the first time in my life that I wanted to go to learn. I took 15 pages of notes and was on the edge of my seat listening the whole time. It only felt like 20 minutes of talks. Not a couple of hours. Every talk was so good and inspired. Our mission President is just so amazing and just lifts you up whenever he talks!!

On Sunday we headed back to Ayr for the next week. It started to rain. One thing that is so funny is whenever it rains, the day before someone always asked us to pray for rain. We do and then the next day it rains. Every time. The power of prayer is real!!

Speaking of prayers, in district conference my companion and I got to give the Melchizedek priesthood to a new convert in Townsville. He did not want Elder Cadeardo to do it for some reason. Hmm wonder why. haha so I felt so honored to participate in that. He was baptized in September and is already ready for this. He is amazing!!

I have heard about all the snow in Utah. Still not getting any here. It is gonna be a hot Christmas. So weird to see all the lights up and decorations but have it be 110 degrees out. 9/10 people here have never ever seen or touched snow. I feel so bad that they are missing out on it. Everyone has a dream of seeing snow and playing in it so I talk a lot about it and let them know what it is like.

It feels so good to be back in my area after not working for a week. Time to share the gospel. If you have not heard already, the church is doing a Christmas initiative. #LIGHTtheWORLD 25 ways over 25 days. Go look it up and start doing it. It is so fun to share with people here and get them doing it so you should too.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Love,
Elder Cahoon


Translation to the Aussie slang

G'day mate, How ya going?? I have been on my deadly treadly the last few days before hitt'n the frog and toad. Fairdinkum mate my shakes ponies have been sore!! I am not gamman with ya. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE Oi Oi Oi

Hello, I have been riding my bike for the last few days before driving the car. Geez man my legs have been sore. I am not kidding. Go Australia.

 

 New golden missionary


 Mission President


 Bed bugs

Free fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment